• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I don't know what I can do. Can anyone help?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cojcj

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Colorado

I had went out of state for a few months for family reasons and when I left, I asked a friend if I could store a few things like my bed, TV, bike and a few boxes of personal items in his basement until I got back and got my new place. A while later I find out he moved shortly after and put some of his things, another persons and mine in a public storage unit. I was not informed of this until I recently returned. I found out that my things were in storage and that he hadn't been making payments and it is going up for auction in about a week. I don't know what happened to the "friend" or if he is ignoring me but myself nor anyone else is able to get in touch with him. I have tried for a couple weeks now. I would pay the bill myself but I wouldn't be able to get my things still because my name is not on the signed documentation for the storage unit.

Is there anything that can help me here or am I just going to have to cross my fingers and hope to buy my things back at the public auction?

MandyD

If your belongings are that important to you and/or they're worth at least as much as the back rent, I'd pay the rent to stop the auction. That'll then give you more time to find this friend.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">