• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I got into an accident

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jazzy86

What is the name of your state? Tx

I had an accident in May and the person in the other car was at fault. This works to my advantage because their insurance was also lasped. However, the car i was driving also had lasped cover, so is it still worth pursing in small claims court

moburkes

jazzy86 said:
What is the name of your state? Tx

I had an accident in May and the person in the other car was at fault. This works to my advantage because their insurance was also lasped. However, the car i was driving also had lasped cover, so is it still worth pursing in small claims court
How would the responsible party NOT having insurance work to your advantage? What would have been a simple claim (and repair to your vehicle), will now be drawn out since you will more than likely have to sue them to get your vehicle repaired.

Sure, its worth pursuing. Be prepared to have your license suspended, or whatever penalties that TX assesses (don't feel like looking it up right now) for driving w/o insurance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">