• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I just want my truck back.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

emc4242

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
I loaned a friend my truck. He was staying at another individual's house when he passed away. Now, the homeowner in question is refusing to return my vehicle, claiming it is now his. I do have the title. What can I do? I cannot afford the $200+ to file a civil claim.

Mass_Shyster

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? texas
I loaned a friend my truck. He was staying at another individual's house when he passed away. Now, the homeowner in question is refusing to return my vehicle, claiming it is now his. I do have the title. What can I do? I cannot afford the $200+ to file a civil claim.
The homeowner has no obligation to return your truck. You have to go pick it up.

You may want to contact law enforcement in that area and ask them to accompany you to keep the peace.

LdiJ

The homeowner has no obligation to return your truck. You have to go pick it up.

You may want to contact law enforcement in that area and ask them to accompany you to keep the peace.
And if you do not have a key to the truck, then you may have to have a locksmith accompany you as well, to cut a new key.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">