• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I paid for half of it!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bobbieny

What is the name of your state? New York

My boyfriend and I were together for almost 6 years. In November of 2004 we purchased a new bedroom set and some pieces for our living room. Totaling around $7500.00. In Jan of 2005 I deposited over $4000.00 dollars into his checking account (my tax return) to help provide payment for our furniture.

Then in March of 2005 we went house shopping and found one we both loved. The first 2 bills from the attorney came in and I paid half, totaling $1650.00. Our mortgage lender came back and told him (he was the only one going on the deed) that he needed more money down to reduce our mortgage payment. He could not do that so the deal fell through.

We broke up this past June of 2005. When I moved out I took my belongings and the bedroom set. We attempted a few times to get back together...and I am sorry to say...I fell for it and gave him half of the bedroom set back. He then ended it with me. We have not spoken since September...I have dried my tears and have cleared my head and realized that I want my money back and my furniture. What do you think I should do? :confused:What is the name of your state?

Last edited:

BelizeBreeze

move on. You will have to provide the court with proof that you paid 1/2 of the cost of the items and that they were not a gift. If you can do that, then sue him for the monies. If not, move on.

bobbieny

Thank you for your response. I do have proof that I paid for half of the items. My tax return shows the money being deposited into his ckecking account. As for moving on, I have ...but I am sick of looking at half of a bed room set.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">