• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my dog back but my boyfriend says no

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lilasian

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Hawaii
It all starts off with me, my boyfriend and five of his friends renting out a house in the middle of nowhere in Hawaii. So me and my boyfriend have a fight and look who loses since I get my stuff thrown out all over the front lawn. Me and him both signed the lease agreement but why stay at a house with a man that is able to hurt me. I get all my stuff packed in storage which I leave the house and stay with friends. I never said that he can have the dog unless we broke up nicely which in my definition this is not going so well. I stop by today to pick up my stuff which I did but I couldn’t get my dog back. His brother who is staying there (roommate and on lease) closed the door in my face soon as I asked for my dog. Oh yeah!! I didn’t tell you that I got this dog with my best friend and other ex boyfriend. I pay for the shots and the 7 months of dog food. He’s telling me he trained and paid for 2 months of dog food, so he’s the winner. Who’s going to win?
Now I hear my boyfriend, well ex-boyfriend is now living with his mother and the dog is left his brother. So since the dog is abandoned or not with my ex-boyfriend and now with his brother which I have no relationship with. Can I go over there and get my dog? Even though I’m off the lease agreement and it is his property. What can I do?
Plus I’m leaving for maui this Saturday. I just want my dog in good hands, such as my best friend. Can I transfer ownership to her? Can she fight in court for me when she knows all the facts and I sign a sheet saying it’s hers?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">