• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my money back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ausi831

My daughter bought a Mustang from her boyfriend’s brother for $2000. The brother stated he was going to get some repairs done to the car. He told her that he would charge her an additional $200 - $300 for those repairs and to pay the extra when she got it. She had the car for a couple months and did not pay the extra money because she didn’t’ have it. She decided she wanted a truck instead (sold by his mother for $2000). She gave both the title and car back to the brother and exchanged for the truck. The brother continued to hound her over $300 for the car, which he has already resold to someone else. Just last week, he came and took the truck from our driveway and told her that if she wanted the truck back she had to pay him $400 towards the car. She told him that she just wanted the original $2000 back and he could keep the truck. He said no, she pays him the $400 or he keeps the truck and the original $2000. Unfortunately, this was all verbal but I do have a bank receipt that he cashed the $2000 check (note states for purchase of car). What can we do in this instance? We would rather have the $2000 back and not deal with him anymore.

Antigone*

My daughter bought a Mustang from her boyfriend’s brother for $2000. The brother stated he was going to get some repairs done to the car. He told her that he would charge her an additional $200 - $300 for those repairs and to pay the extra when she got it. She had the car for a couple months and did not pay the extra money because she didn’t’ have it. She decided she wanted a truck instead (sold by his mother for $2000). She gave both the title and car back to the brother and exchanged for the truck. The brother continued to hound her over $300 for the car, which he has already resold to someone else. Just last week, he came and took the truck from our driveway and told her that if she wanted the truck back she had to pay him $400 towards the car. She told him that she just wanted the original $2000 back and he could keep the truck. He said no, she pays him the $400 or he keeps the truck and the original $2000. Unfortunately, this was all verbal but I do have a bank receipt that he cashed the $2000 check (note states for purchase of car). What can we do in this instance? We would rather have the $2000 back and not deal with him anymore.
US Law Only.

ausi831

Response to Antrc170

What state are you in and who is the vehicle registered and titled to?
Texas. title is in Mothers name, she didn't give it to my daughter when she traded the car for truck. Brother told mother not to give my daughter the title because she owed him $400 for a car that he already sold to someone else.

ausi831

Nor is it related to you :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Have your daughter log on and ask her own questions.
My bad.. I am new to this and thought the post
"""Originally Posted by quincy - Um, you didn't tell the whole story, Antigone. I posted your name , you posted my name , we sued each other , we both lost , and we lived happily ever after , the end . (it was an illustrated story)"""

was to me. I was confused. My apologies.

Antigone*

My bad.. I am new to this and thought the post
"""Originally Posted by quincy - Um, you didn't tell the whole story, Antigone. I posted your name , you posted my name , we sued each other , we both lost , and we lived happily ever after , the end . (it was an illustrated story)"""

was to me. I was confused. My apologies.
LOL...that is my signature. It appears at the bottom of all my posts.

ausi831

So sue him for the $2000. The Judge will sort it out.
Just called a lawyer and he told me to go to small claims court. We paid $2000 and have nothing to show for it and the guys will have to either return the truck or money.. Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">