• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my money bacl from an ex-boyfriend

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stuzon57

What is the name of your state? Hawaii
I had a relationship with this guy for about a year and a half back in 2003. During these times I had bought him a variety of things out of the kindness of my heart. I just wanted him to have things you know? He was always complaining how his friends had certain things that he couldn't have, so I got it for him. I wouldn't be asking for anything back if he hadn't treated me so bad and ended with me on good terms. I have asked for things back before but he says it's his. Anyway, everything totals up to at least $5000, but small claims court only allows matters up to $3500. All I have as proof of all these purchases are bank statements and maybe some reciepts. Is this a case and if so do you think I'm eligiable for small claims court?

S

seniorjudge

stuzon57 said:
I had a relationship with this guy for about a year and a half back in 2003. During these times I had bought him a variety of things out of the kindness of my heart. I just wanted him to have things you know? He was always complaining how his friends had certain things that he couldn't have, so I got it for him. I wouldn't be asking for anything back if he hadn't treated me so bad and ended with me on good terms. I have asked for things back before but he says it's his. Anyway, everything totals up to at least $5000, but small claims court only allows matters up to $3500. All I have as proof of all these purchases are bank statements and maybe some reciepts. Is this a case and if so do you think I'm eligiable for small claims court?
I have asked for things back before but he says it's his.

He is correct.

Why?

During these times I had bought him a variety of things out of the kindness of my heart. I just wanted him to have things you know?

These are called gifts.

Happy Trails

stuzon57 said:
Not likely. You gave him these items as gifts.

Gift---Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation.

S

seniorjudge

rmet4nzkx said:
An expensive lesson.
War story.

These kinds of suits are rife in SCC.

My favorite was the guy who sued his ex-girlfriend. He brought his fish and his aquarium in to her aparatment and was going to breed these fish and sell them. Tiff ensues, he leaves.

His lawsuit was for the value of the fish and their as yet unborn progeny. Ex had let the fish die and he was exceptionally miffed.

I asked her, "Why didn't you feed the fish?"

She answered, "I wasn't gettin' near no pirahnas!"

rmet4nzkx

seniorjudge said:
War story.

These kinds of suits are rife in SCC.

My favorite was the guy who sued his ex-girlfriend. He brought his fish and his aquarium in to her aparatment and was going to breed these fish and sell them. Tiff ensues, he leaves.

His lawsuit was for the value of the fish and their as yet unborn progeny. Ex had let the fish die and he was exceptionally miffed.

I asked her, "Why didn't you feed the fish?"

She answered, "I wasn't gettin' near no pirahnas!"
Judgy,
Here is an example from today also see related thread
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=235004

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=235007

OP is not only fishy, he's a Pirahna :eek:

BTW, our Nunc pro Tunc thread is finally respoved the final decree was found to be in error and OP had her hearing by telephone and Nunc pro Tunc is in the mail so she is a far cry from being a bigamist.
https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?t=229243

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">