• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want my truck back

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Badlarries

What is the name of your state? MN

I lent $7500 to my now ex-fiancé for the purchase of a truck. At the time I had him sign an "IOU". He has not paid up nor will he give me back the truck. I attempted to take him to Civil Small Claims Court but his mother called the court and claims he has moved out of the county to Saudi Arabia, and the court tells me that if he is in the military that a whole different ball game. To my knowledge he is not in the military nor has any paperwork surfaced to prove that he might. His mother also tells the court he plans to denounce his citizenship. Now the court is giving him time to produce proof of this. I suspect this is all a ploy to prevent him from appearing in court. If he denounces his citizenship (or doesn’t) where do I go from there. I want this to be heard by the judge and want to be prepared when I get there. Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">