• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I want to sue Blockbuster online rental

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chinny

What is the name of your state? California

I cancelled my account with Blockbuster on the 27th july.today i have been charged $64.00 for films they say i have not returned.Im pretty sure they will reimburse me when i call them tomorrow,the problem i have know is that i have been charged a $25.00 overdraft fee and it will be $25 a day until i get paid on thursday.Can i sue them for this fee?

vtbeard

My thoughts...

chinny said:
What is the name of your state? California

I cancelled my account with Blockbuster on the 27th july.today i have been charged $64.00 for films they say i have not returned.Im pretty sure they will reimburse me when i call them tomorrow,the problem i have know is that i have been charged a $25.00 overdraft fee and it will be $25 a day until i get paid on thursday.Can i sue them for this fee?

I had a similar problem in WA state. It was the banks fault though so checks to other stores had bounced plus the bank charged me those great fees on top of it. I don't think you'll necessarily have to sue. My bank reimbursed me for the overdraft fees and in order to waive the fees at the other stores, the bank wrote a letter stating it was their fault. The other stores reversed their charges. I'm thinking that maybe Blockbuster may do the same and your bank may be nice enough to waive the fees "as long as it doesn't happen often"

Good luck. I know it can be a headache.

chinny

California

Follow up to my earlier post.

Spoke to Blockbuster this morning,they are going to return the money they took from my account for the DVD's.They also said they would cover the overdraft charges when they recieve a fax from the bank stating it was their fault the charges were incurred.I hope this ends the matter,if not i will let you know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">