• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I won a judgement, and defendent changed everything out of her name

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bettyboop77

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I won of judgement of 4300.00 in 2010. I got a report done from a friend and found out that the very day after we received the judgement, the defendent traded in her vehicle and purchased a new one in her father's name and also switched all of her bank accounts into her father's name. I served her place of work with papers to garnish her wages only to find out she is no longer working there. My first question is ... Is this legal ? Are there any criminal actions here ?
So i figured that i would have to find her new place of buisness, but am having a really hard time without paying alot of money.
I do have alot of info on her from the original report including her cosmetology licence number, frirst 5 of social, parents, cars, ect. So is there anywhere i could find out where she currently works ? Is garnishing her wages the only solution since everything was changed out of her name ?
AAAAHHHHHHHH ! this is so frustrating !! and not to mention shady ! My parents would have NEVER allowed me to do something like that !! PLease help .... I also saw that you do judgement recovery .. i have another case that moved out of state. Could you give me link or email to get some more info and a quote.
Thank you so much,

BettyBoop

bettyboop77

In the state of florida .. US law. Specifically Ft. Lauderdale, Fla

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

I won of judgement of 4300.00 in 2010. I got a report done from a friend and found out that the very day after we received the judgement, the defendent traded in her vehicle and purchased a new one in her father's name and also switched all of her bank accounts into her father's name. I served her place of work with papers to garnish her wages only to find out she is no longer working there. My first question is ... Is this legal ? Are there any criminal actions here ?
So i figured that i would have to find her new place of buisness, but am having a really hard time without paying alot of money.
I do have alot of info on her from the original report including her cosmetology licence number, frirst 5 of social, parents, cars, ect. So is there anywhere i could find out where she currently works ? Is garnishing her wages the only solution since everything was changed out of her name ?
AAAAHHHHHHHH ! this is so frustrating !! and not to mention shady ! My parents would have NEVER allowed me to do something like that !! PLease help .... I also saw that you do judgement recovery .. i have another case that moved out of state. Could you give me link or email to get some more info and a quote.
Thank you so much,

BettyBoop

sandyclaus

If an asset is not exempt, it can still be protected from a creditor by transferring the ownership from the judgment debtor. Transferring the ownership of assets is not illegal. However, the transfer cannot be done with the purpose of defrauding creditors.

On a side note, not only are fraudulent transfers illegal, in many cases the transfers are a criminal violation. A fraudulent transfer occurs whenever assets are transferred in an effort to obstruct a legitimate creditor from taking the asset.

You'll just have to prove now that your judgment debtor did just that - transferred all of her assets out of her name, and transferred ownership of the bank accounts she had into her father's name - in order to defraud you. One might see that the timing of such acts on her part were very suspect, but it would need to be proven that the intent behind the transfers were to intentionally hide assets from you. Not quite sure how you can do that, but perhaps another senior member can chime in on this.

Found this legal site that may be able to help and/or guide you:
http://www.alperlaw.com/fraudulent_conveyances.html

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">