• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I won judgement - he still doesn't pay!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

borachoboy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Texas, Dallas

I won a judgement against an old roommate that didn't pay 2 months rent and didn't pay bills. it was for $2,200. He has only paid me $100. What else can I do to make him pay me? He needs to be a man and pay! Is there a website that will explain my options? Would talking to a lawyer cost me 2 grand? This happened in the Dallas Texas area. Thx!

swalsh411

Texas prohibits wage garnishments but not on bank accounts. You may be able to force him to appear at an interoggatory.

edit: Ask the court how to do this.

Last edited:

borachoboy

Writ of Execution, Abstract if Judgment

The judgment papers I got said I have the two options above. I know the ******* doesn't have property so the Writ of Execution may be the best route. If I go this route and he doesn't have enough stuff to sell that will cover my $2000 judgment, what happens next? Do they keep going back to him every few months to keep selling stuff until it equals the amount owed? Since I won the judgment, did the court automatically put a lien on his credit report or something like that so others know he owes me money?

Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">