• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I won, now all the crazy forms!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bgviper76

What is the name of your state? FL

I received a judgement against a corporation in the state of Florida. I am a New Yorker, and had to go down there to win, it took a year, and I am in the final stages, I hope, of collecting my judgement. The only thing is that I am confused as to how to fill out the paper work the court gave me. Being that it took this long, I don't want to mess it up. It also isn't a super huge amount of money, so I don't think contacting an attorney would make sense, especially if some of you Florida guys could help me out. I am going to type what the papers say, and where the blanks are. If you guys could tell me what to put in the blanks, I would really appreciate it.

I won, and he refuses to pay, so first I was told to file a Motion for Garnishment After Judgement, and then a writ of garnishment to seize the money from his bank account. He doesn't know, but someone in his company has given me the checking account # from their payroll check. This is for Broward County. Okay, here it goes.

Come now _______________________, and moves the court to issue a writ of garnishment after judgement in the above stated cause and shows that said suit has been prosecuted to final judgement; That said judgement is unsatisfied, and that plaintiff does not believe that the defendant has in his possesion visible property in this state and in Broward County upon which a levy can be made suffiecient to satisfy the judgement. Plaintiff says that the money or other thing sought to be garnished is not due for the personal labor or services of the head of a family residing in Florida.

Plaintiff therefore suggests that ____________________ of

_________________ County, Florida, is indebted to the said defendant, or has effects, or property of said defendant in hand, custody or control and prays that a garnishment issue, caommanding the said _____________________ to answer according to law in such causes made and provided.

Amount of unsatisfied judgement is $___________.

Plaintiff/ Attorney Address

$_________________ Deposit paid

On the top right it also says Clock In, and has an empty box?

The amount of the judgement is $3,687.88, but they told me I can add the costs of going through this process as well, not sure how I should show the amount, separate for new costs and original judgement, or as one total?

The writ of garnishment is as follows:

The state of Florida:

To all and singular sherriffs of the state:

You are commanded to summon garnishee________________

to serve an answer to this writ on _________________,Plaintiff's Attorney, whose address is _________________ with in 20 days after service on the garnishee, exclusive of the day of service and to file the original with the clerk of the court either before service and to file the original with the clerk of the court either before service on the attorney or immediately thereafter, stating whether the garnishee is indebted to defendant, _______________- at the time of the answer or was indebted at the time of the service of the writ, or at any time between such times, and in what sum and what tangible and intangible personal property of the defendant the garnishee has in his possession or control at the time of the answer or had at the time or service of this writ, or at any time between such times, and whether the garn ishee knows of any other person indebted to the defendant in his possession or control. The amount set in plaintiff's motion is $______________.

Witness my hand and seal of this court

By_________________________

Deputy Clerk

Then there are other papers such as the notice of garnishment. motion for judgement in garnishment, final judgement in garnishment, default and final judgement in garnishment, and satisfaction of judgement in garnishment.

I am unsure of the steps of all of these, but I think the two I typed is all I need to get the ball rolling. I don't know where I am supposed to put the acct #, either.

Thanks guys, I know I am asking a lot here, but I just figured some of you may have gone through this process in the past and could decipher this nonsense for me. --64.80.1.218

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">