• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

identity theft?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xXfn0rdXx

Maine.

My girlfriend was recently set up by her ex useing a fictitious myspace/email account with photos/info claiming it to be one of her close friends,the info was used to incriminate her and evidence was turned over to our local DEA. Can a small claims/civil action be brought against the person who made the fake account pretending to be one of her friends?

cosine

Maine.

My girlfriend was recently set up by her ex useing a fictitious myspace/email account with photos/info claiming it to be one of her close friends,the info was used to incriminate her and evidence was turned over to our local DEA. Can a small claims/civil action be brought against the person who made the fake account pretending to be one of her friends?
What was the outcome of the falsified criminal complaint?

xXfn0rdXx

Let me explain in more detail. My partner's ex (Justin) was looking for ammo to use during a child custody battle, so he set up a fake Myspace profile under the name Joe XXXX. Joe is a good friend of my partner, so she trusted him with some incrimination information. That information was given to the local DEA who then raided us for marijuana cultivation and furnishing. My partner and I were arrested on those charges. When the discovery paperwork came in, Justin had admitted to using Joe's name and information to phish the information from my partner. I plead gulity and my partner is currently fighting her charges.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">