• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal towing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Gatubela

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida

My car was towed from the parking lot of an apartment complex. No parking-tow signs present do not comply with FL code. The letters were half the size of what the code indicates. I want to take the case to small court. Besides the towing fee $125 can I claim losses and damages from being stranded at night for 2.5 hrs in an area with no public transportation or taxis?

Mass_Shyster

Small Claims court usually only allows damages for out of pocket, measurable expenses. Unless you have a solid way to attach a dollar figure to the damages, you probably won't collect. If you had to take a taxi or rent a car, those expenses are measurable. If you want $100 for your inconvenience, you probably won't get it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">