• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

illegally towed. Can I fight the tow truck company?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dani

California. My car was towed inside my apartment building. I was legally parked in an unassigned parking space. To the left of my vehicle is a handicapped walk-way and ramp, and to the left of that is the handicap parking space. The tow truck company claims my bumber was 3 inches over the blue walk-way area. The picture taken by them is horrible, and only shows my bumper, not my tires. My apartment manager assures me she contracted the towing company to ONLY tow vehicles parked illegally in handicap and fire zones. I had to pay $159 in impound fees, and travel 54 miles round trip to retreive my car. I feel very unsafe parking in my own home for fear they have the right to tow anyone at anytime. I did not park illegally. How do I fight this and get my money back?

[Edited by dani on 04-18-2001 at 04:01 AM]

L

lawrat

Sue in small claims court. If your apartment manager can be your witness, it will help your case a lot.

go to state law center and then go to small claims.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">