• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Im gonna have an anxiety attack.....

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

blackcadillacs5

What is the name of your state? TEXAS

Ok I Really need to know if I should go to the small claims court or hire a lawyer. Someone please help.

OK I just turned 20yrs old less than a week ago but at 19 I made a purchased (Dec. 2004) of a living room set as a Christmas Gift (over $2000) for my Mother from a local Family-Owned Furniture Store. The problem is that a piece from the main wood finish on the large sofa has come loose. It seems like it was already broken because it has about 4 staples that were used to fasten it back. It is also clearly seen that it was painted over. Now I bought the living room "New" but it is clearly refurbished or something. I have made numerous contacts with the President/Owner of the store for the piece to be replaced (over 5 months ago) and he is yet to get the piece or sofa replaced even though he promised to. Now I also filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureue of America but the furniture company did not resond to their request. In the mean time I have made my all my monthly payments in time and I am almost done paying the living room off (Dec. 2005) but have yet gotten the defective piece/sofa replaced.

Now the reason I mentioned my age at the beginning of this, would be because I believe that has a factor to do with the issue not being resolved. I mean clearly I can get my Mother to go to the store and complain but I feel this is something I have to handle by myself since I am the one making all the payments and the one that signed the contract. I fell that if this were an issue with anyone that wasnt still a teen it would of gotten handled fairly briefly. I also thought that the BBB would of helped but the company doesnt seem to care after they contacted them. I would just like this to be fair and I believe I should get quality products for what I paid for. I am just trying to establish my credit and this store has hardly any finance charges for the furniture, I think its probably already included in the final price. So I really need to know what I can do and what are my best option is. :confused:

P.S I also recall the Owner stating that It was a Manufacturer defect and that the Manufacturer Company that makes the furniture has not contacted him. He mentioned that several months ago, thought I should include that.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">