• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

infliction of emotional distress

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JosephMaks

Hi,
My name is Joseph,i recently heard a problem at home. I heard received a phone call from My sister while i was at work informing Me about my girlfriend (pregnant) that i stay with, she was admitted to hospital for Miscarriage. So i spoke to one of the Managers on duty that day, telling him about my personal problem that had occurred. He then told Me to knock off right away if i needed to because that was an emergence. In which i responded saying i would prefer to knock off later but earlier that night because i needed to compose myself first and be around people before i face something that had emotionally taken me off. I work as a Waiter at a Restaurant.Later that day at the Hospital after seeing that my Girlfriend was more than in pain than i did of our lose and was still seeking medical assistance, i picked up my phone and text-ed that very same Manager about what was happening and I ASKED to be excused for my Shift the next day, of which HE AGREED on also. He was still at work that time. Now the thing is, later that day of the cancelled shift (Approved by a Manager) while Me and My girlfriend where still grieving and in pain of our lose. I received a phone call from another Manager at work telling Me to never come back to work again because of my absence at work that day. So i told Her about what was happening and my agreement with her fellow Manager, of which she replied as saying i must not argue and never come back to work.
I was very emotional broken, which in turn affected my girlfriend more because shes also not working and am the breadwinner in our home.
I am seriously considering a case against the company and management firm for the "intentional infliction of more emotional distress." My girlfriend and I have been suffering badly because of their actions. i really need your help in this.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Hi,
My name is Joseph,i recently heard a problem at home. I heard received a phone call from My sister while i was at work informing Me about my girlfriend (pregnant) that i stay with, she was admitted to hospital for Miscarriage. So i spoke to one of the Managers on duty that day, telling him about my personal problem that had occurred. He then told Me to knock off right away if i needed to because that was an emergence. In which i responded saying i would prefer to knock off later but earlier that night because i needed to compose myself first and be around people before i face something that had emotionally taken me off. I work as a Waiter at a Restaurant.Later that day at the Hospital after seeing that my Girlfriend was more than in pain than i did of our lose and was still seeking medical assistance, i picked up my phone and text-ed that very same Manager about what was happening and I ASKED to be excused for my Shift the next day, of which HE AGREED on also. He was still at work that time. Now the thing is, later that day of the cancelled shift (Approved by a Manager) while Me and My girlfriend where still grieving and in pain of our lose. I received a phone call from another Manager at work telling Me to never come back to work again because of my absence at work that day. So i told Her about what was happening and my agreement with her fellow Manager, of which she replied as saying i must not argue and never come back to work.
I was very emotional broken, which in turn affected my girlfriend more because shes also not working and am the breadwinner in our home.
I am seriously considering a case against the company and management firm for the "intentional infliction of more emotional distress." My girlfriend and I have been suffering badly because of their actions. i really need your help in this.
You do not have a case for intentional infliction of more emotional distress or even any emotional distress against your employer.

commentator

You need to file a claim for unemployment insurance. You were fired, after making a good faith effort to call in. Apparently, there was no other attendance issue, just a manager who decided your call in wasn't good enough and that they would fire you anyway. Welcome to the reality of working in America. They do not give a hoot whether they've caused you emotional distress by not allowing you to keep your job when you were away due to family/personal reasons. The courts would not give a hoot for this either, and no laws were violated. In an "at will" (which is just about all of them) state, you can be fired for just about any reason they chose.

BL

Is there a " boss" above the manager(s) you can speak to .

If so ,personally speak to their "boss" first.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">