• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Information Subpoena for Assests

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

TKT45

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

I won a small claims judgment in the 10th District Court in Johnson County, KS. The judgment debtor likes to move around (of course). How and where can he be served a subpoena for determining his assets if he has no permanent address but I can find where he is at? If it's the same state can I just have another county serve him? And after it is ignored (and it will be) does the 10th District have jurisdiction to hold him in contempt and ultimately arrest him? And what if he moves around to different states? Thanks!

TigerD

If you know he doesn't have assets, what is the purpose of your JDX?

The tenor of your post concerns me greatly. Our judicial system is not for use to act as a debtors' prison or to allow creditors to punish debtors through misusing the system.

You should hire an attorney. Or better yet, your debtor should hire an attorney.

TD

TKT45

If you know he doesn't have assets, what is the purpose of your JDX?

The tenor of your post concerns me greatly. Our judicial system is not for use to act as a debtors' prison or to allow creditors to punish debtors through misusing the system.

You should hire an attorney. Or better yet, your debtor should hire an attorney.

TD

Well, first of all no where in my post does it say he has no assets. If he didn't, I wouldn't be looking to serve him with a subpoena to determine his assets. Secondly, if he didn't have assets how would he hire an attorney? lol This is supposed to be a place for people to help each other and not for you to make the ridiculous accusation of me misusing the system. Try to use your time more productively.

TKT45

Take your own advice. He's not going to jail, and you're not likely to see a penny of that judgment.
That a boy. Ignore the question. If you do not know the answer move on and don't be a snot! I do not need you to tell me how to spend my time. Unlike you, I am not a quitter. Think i will move on. One person who can't read and the other who doesn't know the answer but feels the need to act like he does..... Too funny. Try and be more productive and friendly.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">