• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Injunction help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Doesntmatter

Mississippi

Ok here's the deal my girlfriend is 18 now and she was living with her aunt and uncle, whom recently for no reason put a temporary injunction on my parents. Now she was going to move in but now she can't due to that. But here's the deal now, her aunt and uncle are kicking her out this tuesday and she has nowhere to go. Isn't an injunction used to prevent future harm so aren't her aunt and uncle voiding the injunction by kicking her out? I mean I would think so since they contradicted themselves. But if anyone has any advice please tell me, Thx!

las365

I don't think that YOU have any standing in all of this. Your girlfriend is the subject of legal action, her relatives brought the action, your parents are parties. You are... nothing, legally speaking. I assume you are a minor.

FYI, people do not usually go to the time, trouble and expense of filing lawsuits "for no reason." What has been the disposition of the restraining order/injunction?

When did your girlfriend turn 18?

Doesntmatter

Well her aunt and uncle have spoken with my parents maybe once I'm 19 she turned 18 the 20th. They filed the injunction before she turned 18 a month or so ago. They claim my mom said things that she didn't. Her aunt filed the injunction stating that my mother was interferring with the development of a minor and stated that her grades in school dropped since i've been with her but on the contrary they went up. She is kicking her out this tuesday and I need to know if it is going to void the injunction because she is contradicting the entire reason of getting it in the first place. And considering this is Mississippi yes legally we are both minors until 21. Which is retarded

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">