• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

inspection sticker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

onewhiteshoe4me

What is the name of your state? wv
back in mid june i received a ticket from a deputy police...because i had no inspection sticker on my truck...well i had 10 days to go before a magistrate but in the mean time we went on vacation and i forgot about getting the ticket...well about a month later i called about it and was told to come in but i didn't...anyways today i received a letter from the dmv telling me my license was suspended starting sept 24th isn't this a little extreme for just a missing inspection sticker ....this is just harrassment because i have stepped on toes in this county and i need to know who i can contact that i will be able to trust....there has been a lot of other things to happen also which can be proven if investigated...like i have been shot at and my 12 yr old daughter was given illegal drugs which she is suppose to appear in court to testify against them in just a few days....and a road accident was faked against me (which was proven)it never happened...i need help...and i cant trust anyone in this county or state....would the fbi consider investigating something like this....thanks

racer72

Whaaa whaaaa, I broke the law now they are getting mean with me. Whaaa whaaaa.

Buddy, I have seen some lame excuses at this site and yours is one of the best. It is called your civic responsibility to follow the laws. You have failed and you are going to pay the price. Grow up and be a man and accept responsibility for your actions. Quit trying to blame others that had nothing to do with it.

P

penni

Excuse Me?????????? I'm soooo sorry, what was THAT about??? Ok like yeah yeah yeah civic duty...yada yada yada.....he didn't ask if he should pay the ticket or if he had to legally pay the ticket....he just asked if taking his license away for a petty violation was extreme ....that wasn't even a legal question....sounded like an opinion poll..........so I guess even i can answer this one, YES it does sound extreme, but the law is the law, and if you want to live in a world without law....then i guess everyone will be giving your child drugs and filing false claims, as to the FBI, if you do decide to go down that road you better have your facts straight and more then a little proof, ( my Aunt is an undercover agent for the FBI and I called her on this one)

Last edited:

BL

that wasn't even a legal question....sounded like an opinion poll..........[ quote ]

Did you read the entire OPs post ? I believe you will find 3 questions in there which ask for advice,which this forum is about.

Is it extreme ?, No .. The Poster has shown disregard for the rules & laws of the road .

If there were no penalties for breaking the rules & codes ,everyone would be driving around like maniacs ( not saying they don't now ), with faulty dangerous illegal vehicles .

Safety first my Friends ......

BTW , A reminder : Given the legal right to drive is a privilege not to be played with if you want to keep your license.

Last edited:

stephenk

"he just asked if taking his license away for a petty violation was extreme"

Sorry, penni, but those arent the facts. He didnt lose his license because of the sticker violation. He lost his license because he failed to go to court for the initial hearing and he failed to go to court the second time he had a chance.

so, the initial ticket didnt give rise to a license suspension. It was his lack of responsibility in failing to take care of the ticket that lead to the suspension.

All the troubles he claims he has had with the people and government of his city have nothing to do with his problem. He admits he went on vacation instead of taking care of the ticket. he then didnt go to court even when given a second chance.

onewhiteshoe4me

i drive a 2000 dodge dakota nothing unsafe about it except for a small crack in my windsheild which prevented me from getting a sticker....most states don't even require a sticker now....

H

hexeliebe

Judge: And why did you not come before this court or pay the fine in the 10 days we graciously gave you in the first place?

WhiteShoe: I had to go on vacation your Honor.

Judge: And why did you not take care of this on the second notice?

WhiteShoe: I forgot your Honor.

Judge: License suspended, 30 days in jail for Contempt and a $500 fine.

WhiteShoe: Can I appeal your Honor?

Judge: Sure you can, just as soon as I get back from a month in the Bahamas and if I don't forget about you when I get back. NEXT CASE!

P

penni

Is english NOT your first language?

as I said................THE LAW IS THE LAW......and we should all follow the law..........even if we think the law is extreme....I think i already said that! and let me say it again.....I think the punishment for breaking that law(not showing up for court) is extreme, the crime doesn't fit the punishment (in my opinion) and even thou my lonely sole opinion won't change that law or punishment...my opinion remains valuable..........just as yours is. To further explain my view...let me just say that Here in Michigan we(none) (nobody) has to obtain inspection tickets. So apparently here in my little neck of the red white and blue.........my opinion is part of the majority.......as I have already stated was such(an opinion)
geez I like your alter ego better ........ btw I didn't say he was in the right for not taking care of this ticket, I'm just saying we all fail to follow the exact letter of the law at times....if you don't agree I challange you to watch your speedometer next time youre in the car.........I ask you, is going 1 mile over the speed limit breaking the law ..........is it your civic duty to go exactly the speed limit or less ( even when trying to pass another car) yes it is.......is it your civil duty to obey the law.......is it also your duty to show up in court yes and yes .........and that ladies and gentlemen is my point ...like it or not.....

H

hexeliebe

What is your major malfunction Penni? No one has addressed you in this thread so why do you feel the need to personally respond as if being attacked.

Get over yourself.

As for your comment to challenge us about driving one mile over the speed limit, sorry but you'd lose on that one. I have a collection of classic cars I drive all the time for pleasure. And although the speed limit is 70 on the highways here where I live, I never take the cars over 60.

Try abusing a car that costs more than $50,000 to replace the engine and you slow down and take care of it.

For business and other travel I have a driver. And he damn well better follow the speed limits or he'll soon be an ex-driver.

Now go take a chill pill and get real.

HomeGuru

Re: Is english NOT your first language?

penni said:
as I said................THE LAW IS THE LAW......and we should all follow the law..........even if we think the law is extreme....I think i already said that! and let me say it again.....I think the punishment for breaking that law(not showing up for court) is extreme, the crime doesn't fit the punishment (in my opinion) and even thou my lonely sole opinion won't change that law or punishment...my opinion remains valuable..........just as yours is. To further explain my view...let me just say that Here in Michigan we(none) (nobody) has to obtain inspection tickets. So apparently here in my little neck of the red white and blue.........my opinion is part of the majority.......as I have already stated was such(an opinion)
geez I like your alter ego better ........ btw I didn't say he was in the right for not taking care of this ticket, I'm just saying we all fail to follow the exact letter of the law at times....if you don't agree I challange you to watch your speedometer next time youre in the car.........I ask you, is going 1 mile over the speed limit breaking the law ..........is it your civic duty to go exactly the speed limit or less ( even when trying to pass another car) yes it is.......is it your civil duty to obey the law.......is it also your duty to show up in court yes and yes .........and that ladies and gentlemen is my point ...like it or not.....
**A: penni has a brain the size of a penni.

onewhiteshoe4me

I also agree with everyone about obeying the law....but the law should be applied to everyone not just a select few who doesn't have the same "political" views as the people in the courthouse ....lets go THERE...yep i thought so

H

hexeliebe

Remember the fairey tale about the fox, the boy and the grapes????

If you don't break the law you don't deal with the political court system....now that's a DUH huh?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">