• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Internet Claim Out Of State

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jdenterpr

What is the name of your state?

New York

I RECENTLY PARTICIPATED IN AN INTERNET TRANSACTION THROUGH EBAY AND THE ITEMS WAS NOT THE ITEMS BEING PURCHASED. THE ITEMS WERE RETURNED TO THE VENDOR BUT WHEN IT CAME TO A REPLACEMENT/REFUND THE VENDOR HAS NOT COME FORWARD WITH EITHER...TELLING ME TO TAKE A WALK AND IF I REALLY WANT MY MONEY BACK I CAN SUE. EBAY SAYS THEY NORMALLY WOULD HELP ME BUT SINCE IT IS 30 DAYS PAST THE TRANSACTION IT IT OUT OF THEIR HANDS. PAYPAL HAS TOLD US THE SAME THING. i WANT TO CALL THE VENDOR'S BLUFF AND SUE BUT i AM LOCATED IN NY AND HE IS IN MI. i WANT TO KNOW IF I CAN FILE A SMALL CLAIMS SUIT AGAINST THE INDIVIDUAL AND HIS SO-CALLED INTERNET COMPANY. hOW CAN i GO ABOUT DOING THIS... AND DO I HAVE TO PHYSICALLY GO TO MICHIGAN TO FILE OR CAN I FILE OVER THE INTERNET/MAIL. WHAT ARE THE ODDS OF AN OUT OF STATE SMALL CLAIMS CASE GETTING SETTLED AND WHAT ARE THE CHANCES THEY WOULD SETTLE WITHOUT EVEN APPEARING IN COURT (SO i DON'T HAVE TO FLY TO MICHIGAN TO GO TO COURT)

THANK YOU

BL

Call Your Local Attorney General's Office Consumer Complaints Dept. Have them sent you a Complaint Form .

If they can't handle the matter they will Forward it to the appropriate Agency.

I don't know much about INTERNET transactions , but I hear quite a bit about E- Commerce. I believe they have to fallow Federal Laws regarding transactions.

File a Complaint ,attach all proofs & documents, and all relevant info.

Don't look for a quick reply. Give them 30 days to acknowledge the receipt of the complaint.

Attrn: Gens. has come through for me a quite a few matters .

Also, if this was charged to your CC have the bank send you a form to file with them, stating YOU DID-NOT authorize this payment for that item in writing.

They will investigate, and may get your CC reimbursed.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">