• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Interragatories in Aid of execution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

liv_a05

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
I have a judgement from a cc company and I am making payments with them. I received a letter for Interragatories in Aid of Execution. When I called and asked them if this would start garnishment proceedings they said no since I am making payments however they want access to my bank accounts and my work information. Is there any way that I can guarrantee this won't start garnishment proceedings? They said they can't send me anything in writing.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

dcatz

Is there any way that I can guarantee this won't start garnishment proceedings?

None at all except faith, hope and trust. The judgment creditor is entitled to try to get the information and is entitled to use all enforcement methods available and to use them concurrently. They are either taking a “belt and suspenders” approach and preparing for the day that you might default on voluntary payments or they have an additional agenda planned.

A strategy for you is to ensure that your payments are timely and to ensure that you are voluntarily paying at least as much as they could get by garnishing. The assumption is that, if they garnish wages or hit a bank account, voluntary payments will stop. It wouldn’t be smart to do a wage garnishment that yields less than voluntary payments, but you didn’t say that they were smart.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">