• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Items taken from locker

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stevenc077

What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am part of a model train club. We have lockers in the place we are running our trains. There was a note posted that if you did not label your lockers the locks would be cut off. This notice was left up for a year before anything was actually done. I had gone down and was known by most of the members but did not label my lockers as I had not time. I just went down and paid dues and left every 3 months

Now I had 4 lockers. In the last 3-4 months they cut 2 off and left the other 2 untouched. All they did was put cable ties where the locks were. All my engines are missing. There has never been a theft problem and the locker area is locked as well.

Is the board liable for their actions as nothing else was taken? I am tryuing to settle this amicably but I am running out of patience. Can I sue in small claims for $300.

Happy Trails

stevenc077 said:
What is the name of your state? Illinois

I am part of a model train club. We have lockers in the place we are running our trains. There was a note posted that if you did not label your lockers the locks would be cut off. This notice was left up for a year before anything was actually done. I had gone down and was known by most of the members but did not label my lockers as I had not time. I just went down and paid dues and left every 3 months

Now I had 4 lockers. In the last 3-4 months they cut 2 off and left the other 2 untouched. All they did was put cable ties where the locks were. All my engines are missing. There has never been a theft problem and the locker area is locked as well.

Is the board liable for their actions as nothing else was taken? I am tryuing to settle this amicably but I am running out of patience. Can I sue in small claims for $300.
Of course anyone can sue anyone, but whether you would win looks grim.

They had a notice up for over a year, and you didn't have time to label your locker???

You were given ample notice what they would do if you didn't label your locker. They will cut the locks off. That's what they did.

I suggest you get over there and label your other two lockers before they cut them off too.

JETX

I agree. They 'warned' you for a year.... you ignored them. They did what they said they would do.
Your losses are your own fault... due to your own negligence.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">