• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

I've been ripped off, please help

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MASKYOU

What is the name of your state? Indiana

My husband purchased a new diamond ring for me on our anniversary and I took it in to get it sized. When I picked the ring up the diamond had a flaw that was not there before and I know that it is not the same diamond. The manager dismissed me. I could just return the ring and get my money back but I traded my original engagement ring in on it and they say that they cannot find it to return to me. Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

BL

They can-not find it ? They do have to keep records which would determine if it was resold or not.

How are you determining the ring that has the flaw, is not the one you took there ?

Have you got the paper work, and have you sought second and third opinions / appraisals ?

If you can confirm, they returned a different and flawed diamond, instead of the one you brought them, File a civil suit , and subpoena the records on the diamonds that you have dealt with them over.

Have the second and third opinions/appraisals in document form .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">