• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

jaks

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jaks

What is the name of your state? Ontario canada

My situation is:

I broke up with my boyfriend two years ago. During the time we were together I have lent him approx-10 000$ This was in credit lines and credit cards. I have a credit line that I took out under my name which was 4500$ and I also applied for a Brick credit card under my name where I purchased two couches that cost around 4000$. When we were together he told me he would pay it off. The problem is that everything is under my name. I am the one who broke up with him. At the time I felt bad and told him I would take care of everything. Now two years later I am struggling to repay this debt because I have my studen loan to pay off as well.
I knew from the start that I should of asked him to pay it off...but I wanted nothing to do with him. My dad recently found out that I have this debt...and he wants to go to court to get the money back.
He still has the couches that I paid for in his house. I would like to know because of how it all ended...is it still possible to get my money back.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">