• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judge vs. Jury

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chris Duffy

What is the name of your state?
Maine.
just out of curiosity, what are the pros and cons of having a jury trial, as apposed to a trial just by a judge, and vice-versa?

Chris Duffy said:
What is the name of your state?
Maine.
just out of curiosity, what are the pros and cons of having a jury trial, as apposed to a trial just by a judge, and vice-versa?

My response:

One costs more than the other.

IAAL

Chris Duffy

re:

so the defendent pays for the jury? even if he's found innocent?
besides the price, what would be the advantage of having a jury trial vs. a trial by judge, and vice-versa?

Chris Duffy said:
so the defendent pays for the jury? even if he's found innocent?
besides the price, what would be the advantage of having a jury trial vs. a trial by judge, and vice-versa?

My response:

Did you even bother to check to see which forum you wrote your original post into?

IAAL

Chris Duffy

yes, but i wasn't sure which forum to post this particular question in. i assumed it would get an answer here because it is a small case. maybe i should have reposted all the other questions i've asked.- i am accused of bumping someones bumper with my car, i was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and failure to report an accident. i want to fight this because the charges seem a little high, if i just tapped someones bumper. i might get a plea bargain, or i might have to go to trial. i am just curiouse as to what trial i should have.
~thanks

seniorjudge

Chris Duffy said:
yes, but i wasn't sure which forum to post this particular question in. i assumed it would get an answer here because it is a small case. maybe i should have reposted all the other questions i've asked.- i am accused of bumping someones bumper with my car, i was arrested on charges of criminal mischief and failure to report an accident. i want to fight this because the charges seem a little high, if i just tapped someones bumper. i might get a plea bargain, or i might have to go to trial. i am just curiouse as to what trial i should have.
~thanks
You have started numerous other threads.

Post in one of those.

And tell us whether you are talking about civil or criminal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">