• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement Creditor question - Affidavit?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Crystlhrt

What is the name of your state? CA

I am the successful Judgement Creditor in a Small Claims court case in Glendale, CA.

In preparing the Writ of Execution (EJ-130), Line item 12 mentions "Costs after judgement (per filed order or memo CCP 685.090)" and Line item 16 says "Interest after judgement (per filed affidavit 685.050)".

I've read both sections... (here http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/cgi-bin/waisgate?WAISdocID=26256111914+0+0+0&WAISaction=retrieve) and they sort of make sense. :D

My questions are these:
1 - the judgement entered was for "$XXX and $62 costs" - That fulfills the "per filed order" portion of Line 12, correct?

2 - How do I file an affidavit for Line 16? I haven't been able to find a form for LA County Courts (or even CA). Would that just be a letter that says the principal is X and the annual 10% interest is ## and the daily interest is $$ and began accruing January 26, 2005? Is there a particular format the letter should be in? I haven't been been able to find samples either.

Thank you for sharing your wisdom (aka tossing out more breadcrumbs for me to follow!) :)

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">