• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement Debtor opened a business

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Slim99999

What is the name of your state? Florida

I have a judgment against an individual that is 2 years old. I just happened to find that he paid a Business tax and has filed a fictious name with the state this month. Will I be able to submit a garnishment to his business requesting that they garnish his wages? If I can, the business address is just one of those postal centers containing PO boxes. Would I have the sheriff serve the papers to his home address, since no one will be present at the postal center?

I'll be checking with the city to see if he filed for a business license and will also be checking to see if they can suspend his license as I had filled a report with the county licensing agency 2 years ago (he was not licensed when he disappeared with my money).

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">