• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement & DL suspension...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

indiana31

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? IN

In 2001 my husband was sued by an insurance company because he had a motorcycle accident that caused damage to thier clients vehicle (he had no insurance at the time). A judgement was entered at that time . In 2002 they tried having him served for proceeding supplemental, but was not able to serve him (no longer lived at the address they had for him)..the court documents show that he was not served and the case was continued without date. But they still sent something to the BMV suspending my husbands driving privilages. This year he made a payment agreement with them (lawyer handling the lawsuit for the insuran. co) and they agreed to lift his suspension. He is now laid off (construction--seasonal) of his job and we're not able to pay the payment. My question is, can they go back and re-issue another suspension of his DL without first atleast attempting to take him back to court?
Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">