• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

judgement and garnishment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

missypoo

Mississippi. I won a judgement against someone in small claims court for $2200. After trying to collect from him (unsuccessfully) I sent notice to his employer for wage garnishment. The employer has agreed to the garnishment. However, they wrote that they will only take a total of $749.63 from him.:mad: How did they come up with this amount? Can they legally do this? What do I need to do to get my full amount? Thank you.
I appreciate all the views from everyone. But, can someone reply please. Other than going back to justice court, I do not know what to do. And I am afraid that once the employer begins taking the money from him, it will be too late for me to collect my full judgement.

Last edited:

dolebot

Looks like that value is 34.1%. Perhaps thats a statutory limit and someone is misunderstanding how it works and wanting to do it in one lump sum and thinking that 33% is the most you can take? As opposed to 33% of every paycheck?

A collections attorney can help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">