• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement in North Carolina

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ashley@bottomli

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.

My husband and I are planning on purchasing a home in the next couple of months. I pulled our credit reports and found a judgment, filed 5/2005 in the amount of 15500.00. The judgment was filed by a co-signer for an educational loan that was never paid back. The educational loan is about to be removed from the credit report, however I understand that the judgment will not be removed until 2012. I need to know how to have this judgment removed prior to 2012, and no, repayment is not an option. Do you have any advice?

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? North Carolina.

My husband and I are planning on purchasing a home in the next couple of months. I pulled our credit reports and found a judgment, filed 5/2005 in the amount of 15500.00. The judgment was filed by a co-signer for an educational loan that was never paid back. The educational loan is about to be removed from the credit report, however I understand that the judgment will not be removed until 2012. I need to know how to have this judgment removed prior to 2012, and no, repayment is not an option. Do you have any advice?
If paying the judgement is not an option, then you are out of options.

Why do you feel that you should get the benefit of an educational loan and not be obligated to pay it back.:confused:

ashley@bottomli

The repayment of the loan is not what is in question, payment plans have been worked out on that. my concern is that if anything is paid on this judgment, then the length of time on the credit report will be longer.

Antigone*

The repayment of the loan is not what is in question, payment plans have been worked out on that. my concern is that if anything is paid on this judgment, then the length of time on the credit report will be longer.
The judgement is valid ~ it will be on your credit for as long as it needs to be. You can satisfy the judgement by paying the debt and then it should show satisfied.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">