• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgement renewal has wrong plantiff name- HELP does defendant have any rights.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

carenkc

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

PLEASE TRY TO HAVE AN OPEN MIND.

I am a DEFENDANT who continously tries to right all my past wrongs and has paid all of my past debts except for this one.

If I'm out of line to question anything please advise. I know I am the .....defendent.
Any advise is greatly appreciated.

Original Judgement including
all court fees and attorney fees : 2100
Amount I have paid to date : 2200
Accumilated Interest: 1000
Balance was : 900

I've been making small payments for 2 years since learing about this judgement. In January the attorneys office said they would no longer accept these payments. We agreed to a new payment plan of larger payments to pay this off quickly. 300 imediately and 100/mo 15th of each month. On the 4th payment of our new agreement (500 later) they debited my account before our agreed payment date (15th of each mo) ouch

They renewed judgement 4 days later (10 year stat) but did not mail a copy to me. Don't they have any legal responsibility to try to mail it to a correct address? They have my address. They've had it for 2 years. They could not have debited my account without it. The proof of service has some old address way over 2 years old. I was unaware of any renewal yet I was in communication with them. They would no longer accept any payments.

The renewal and all documents since, now has a new plaintiff name. It went from Gor--- to For---. Why wouldnt they file a correction with the court. After much research and getting a copy of my judgement file from the court I contacted the original creditor by the correct name and offered a settlement. He said "great" lets do it.

He contacted the attorneys office and was told the case belongs to them now. I contacted the attorneys office and offered 500. They denied my offer.

I've been cooperative with them. What's up with this. I have since been laid off my job. My old employer called me and said they sent the sherriff there to garnish my wages. During all of this I have been requesting to make paymens. Can they garnish edd checks?

Dont they still have to follow any rules?
Is this renewal valid if it is not in the correct plaintiffs name? Why wouldn't they file a correction with the court for the plaintiff name??

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">