• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment over and against the Defendants

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jdc58

What is the name of your state? Arkansas This is my first posting, please bear with me. Me and my wife admitted to owing for vacum cleaner,that we purchased on contract.We could return it in 3 days if we changed our minds, so I did.The owner talked me into changing my mind. $400 break. Dindnt make payment for over 90 days.Now being sued. Although we have since sent 4 payments.When I took the vacum back she wrote out another contract. I only signed it my wife was not present. Is she liable for suit also? Problem number 2: We are suppose to prepare a schedule verified by Affidavit, of all property, both real and personal,money bank accounts, rights, credit and etc, also schedule of exempty property within 45 days of final judgement order. What are my options. Needing help.

Shay-Pari'e

jdc58 said:
What is the name of your state? Arkansas This is my first posting, please bear with me. Me and my wife admitted to owing for vacum cleaner,that we purchased on contract.We could return it in 3 days if we changed our minds, so I did.The owner talked me into changing my mind. $400 break. Dindnt make payment for over 90 days.Now being sued. Although we have since sent 4 payments.When I took the vacum back she wrote out another contract. I only signed it my wife was not present. Is she liable for suit also? Problem number 2: We are suppose to prepare a schedule verified by Affidavit, of all property, both real and personal,money bank accounts, rights, credit and etc, also schedule of exempty property within 45 days of final judgement order. What are my options. Needing help.[

Your options are to re-read your contract.

JETX

jdc58 said:
I only signed it my wife was not present. Is she liable for suit also?
Based solely on the information in your post, it would appear that the contractual obligation is only on you. However, they can certainly name her in their suit.... and then your wife would have to file a motion to dismiss and show the court that she has no obligation to the debt.

We are suppose to prepare a schedule verified by Affidavit, of all property, both real and personal,money bank accounts, rights, credit and etc, also schedule of exempty property within 45 days of final judgement order. What are my options.
Your options are to comply with the courts order.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">