• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment Recovery

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

richardg

What is the name of your state? georgia

can a corporation represent itself in court?- what I mean since i do judgment recovery and own the corporation ( my company is incorporated) can i represent myself in court filing my own writs/garnishmenst/debtor exams? if not can i have an independent contractor who works for me file my writs/garnishments/debtor exams?

H

hexeliebe

A corporation must be represented by an attorney. Look it up in your state statues.

JETX

"can a corporation represent itself in court?"
*** That would partly depend on what court. Some states prohibit a corporation from pro se representation. The reason is... a corporation is not a person... it is a business entity. As such, an individual not an attorney would be in violation of UPL laws if he/she were to represent the 'other' entity (the corporation).

However, a cursory review of the Georgia Code did not find such a limitation.

I would suggest you contact a local attorney to obtain a definitive answer to your question.

BTW, contact me off-forum about the NJN.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">