• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgment Term in years of enforcement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Tom103

I am in Georgia. And the following took place in Georgia also.

A medical facility filed and won a judgment against me over 10 years ago. I signed it as their attorney wanted to be able to proceed without going back to court if I did not make payments. No specific payment schedule amount was in the judgment. I have been making payments, monthly, to the attorney directly as requested at the time and have not missed one. Although with interest and attorney fees which were granted, I’m sure the original balance plus some is still due. I have never seen a statement or received correspondence.

I’ve heard that a judgment is only good for 10 years. If so, should this be dismissed or being I’m still currently making payments, is it still fully enforceable? If it should be completed, how do I proceed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">