• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Judgments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

Jeff914

Question about Judgments

I was sued my a former girlfriend in the state of Florida. She was awarded a judgement against me. I have sent payments on this judgement but, she has not cashed any of the checks so far.

Is it true that if she does not accept payment, I am no longer liable for this judgement?? If so, how do I go about having this removed from my credit report?

Last edited:

JETX

Contact the court and show them that you have paid the judgment (assuming that you have). The court could then issue a "Satisfaction of Judgment" or isue an Order for the creditor to do so.

Then you can send the documentation to the credit agency. Problem is that the judgment itself won't be removed, only that you have now paid it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">