• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jurisdiction question...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wdredmond

Hi, I live in Powhatan Va. I sold a dog to a guy that lives in Springfield Va. He has turned out to be a real butthead and among other threats is threatening to sue me over a $200 dog... Without going into the whole mess, this guy is a nut and doesnt stand a chance in court. HOWEVER, should he start the process, wouldn't he have to come to a Powhatan court to sue me or can he sue me where he lives and make me come there?

cosine

Hi, I live in Powhatan Va. I sold a dog to a guy that lives in Springfield Va. He has turned out to be a real butthead and among other threats is threatening to sue me over a $200 dog... Without going into the whole mess, this guy is a nut and doesnt stand a chance in court. HOWEVER, should he start the process, wouldn't he have to come to a Powhatan court to sue me or can he sue me where he lives and make me come there?
Where did the deal to sell the dog take place? Where was the dog delivered/exchanged?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">