• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Jury or Bench Trial? Which would be better here?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mdavis

What is the name of your state? Texas

I am suing a telemarketing firm located outside of the state of Texas, but under Texas statutes Civil Practice and Remedies Code for venue (CP&R Chp 15) , and the applicable US Laws on abusive Telemarketing practices(TCPA), both put the venue for this trial in my counties Justice Court(similar to small claims, but more formal trial). Anyway, I have received many calls from this business trying to solicit there service. I have never been a customer and have told them to stop calling after waiting to talk to a rep. after the prerecorded message, but they ignore. Anyway, that is just to state part of my case, but would a bench or jury trial be better? In the State of Texas, you can request a Jury most any case, with a few exceptions. If it matters I am going pro se on this case. Thanks for any help.

seniorjudge

I have been involved in a whole bunch of jury trials.

I would not trust a nickel of mine or one day of my life to a jury.

mdavis

Thanks, that helps a lot. I kind of figured a Judge would be a better bet than a jury, I was not 100% though, I posted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">