• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Just Need A Legal Answer

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mslele86

What is the name of your state (FLORIDA):confused:

i loaned someone money JUNE 2010 and i still have the proof to where i sent him the money..he promised to pay it back it was only to help him get a place to stay, I am currently unemployed have been since march 2010, even though he didnt sign a written contract to pay me back can i still sue for the money he owes $560 which i have proof for? and also i wired the money to a walmart so i dont know an address of where he lives so how could it be possible to know the lawsuit would reach him, what do i have to do to find out his address...all i want to know is do i have a case can i sue or what can i do

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state (FLORIDA):confused:

i loaned someone money JUNE 2010 and i still have the proof to where i sent him the money..he promised to pay it back it was only to help him get a place to stay, I am currently unemployed have been since march 2010, even though he didnt sign a written contract to pay me back can i still sue for the money he owes $560 which i have proof for? and also i wired the money to a walmart so i dont know an address of where he lives so how could it be possible to know the lawsuit would reach him, what do i have to do to find out his address...all i want to know is do i have a case can i sue or what can i do
Yes, you can sue. You would actually have to SERVE the person.
WHO is this person to you?
How did you send the money?
In what time frame did this person agree to pay you?

davidmcbeth3

Hot Topic ????? deserves to lose his $$?? come-on :(

I have loan $$ to folks w/o a written contract ... a verbal contract is good enough for small amounts.

The fact that the person loaned another person who is even harder on his luck shows compassion, not stupidity.

Seems like he can file a case and may win. The guy may say he just gave him the money ... thats why we have judges :)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">