• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kansas Small Claims Court questions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mchaffee

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Kansas

My daughter's ex-softball coach has threatened to sue me because we are not going to return the uniforms.

Here's why we're not returning them...

We signed a contract at the beginning of the season. No where did it even mentioned the uniforms. I told him to show me where I signed something saying I would return the uniforms. His response was "Everyone else brought theirs out to the picnic we had or they mailed them back to me. 21 other people understood the situation. You are the only one that did not. Neither of us signed anything." That was in an email he sent to me.

When we signed the contract, we paid $450 for her to play on the team. When asked how he determined the fee, he said that it was for tournament entry fees and $80 for the uniforms.

He never once said that the uniforms were to be returned. This was our first tournament team experience. My daughter always had played in the local association league where we kept the uniforms.

The experience for my daughter on that team was the worst she had ever had. He made her promises that he didn't keep. He had no control over the team. The daughters of the asst coach ran the show. She started out with hopes of playing in college and asked him to help her get there. By the end of the season, she had no desire to play anymore at all. She's a senior this year and she's not going to even play for her school.

And that picnic he mentioned...we didn't know anything about it.

My other question is about statute of limitations. The contract was signed in April of 2007. How long does he have to file a suit?

Thanks.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">