• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

kicked car door

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mymojo36006

What is the name of your state? Alabama

My husbands ex-wife kicked our car door while we were returning their daughter from visitation. She admitted to the police that she had done it and that she would pay for the damages. Yet, she will not pay for the rent a car while ours is in the shop. Is she not responsible for everything we are out.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

mymojo36006 said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

My husbands ex-wife kicked our car door while we were returning their daughter from visitation. She admitted to the police that she had done it and that she would pay for the damages. Yet, she will not pay for the rent a car while ours is in the shop. Is she not responsible for everything we are out.

My response:

Was there a trailer nearby?

IAAL

vtbeard

If she admitted to the police, my guess is that you have a police report stating this? If not, can you find out who the officer was that responded and get him to testify to her statement? I would guess that either of those scenarios would hold up in court.

mymojo36006

vtbeard said:
If she admitted to the police, my guess is that you have a police report stating this? If not, can you find out who the officer was that responded and get him to testify to her statement? I would guess that either of those scenarios would hold up in court.
Yes she admitted to it and we got it in the police report (thank God). We got the money for the dent, now we are just wandering is she responsible for our rent a car?

stephenk

yes she should pay for the rental while your car is being repaired. it's called loss of use damages. if she doesn't pay you can always sue her in small claims court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">