• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kids continue to play on car, Roof Damaged

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

poedboy

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? California

Hello,

I have a car that brokedown sometime ago. Its been parked in our designated, covered parking spot( I live in an apartment complex ). The car's roof is now caved in-- like a boulder fell on top. My mother caught a group of children who live within the complex playing on the car ( jumping on it, sliding down, etc ). She dealt with them first, and informed me about the roof..

I recently caught them playing on my car. I made it *very* clear that they were not to be doing that, and that my car was damaged, and that I would call the police, and take legal action if I saw them around or on my car again. ( They even tried to lie to my face, after I just saw them on it. )

My roommate saw them on the car again last night.

Among all the scratches, dings, and major damage on the roof, there is small shoeprints...

I am fed up with this, and I'm wondering what my legal rights are? Namely, I want my roof fixed, and I want this stopped. I'm under the assumption that small claims is the right route... but what are my chances with this? And how do I go about this right?

There's no witnesses for the roof caving in, but the writing is on the wall..My mother saw them jumping up and down on it. We have both told them to stay off the car, and stay away from it. In general, they're out of control... No parents around or anything.

I'm planning on talking to the landlord and finding out what apartments these kid's live in, so that I can talk with the "parents". Is this advisable? And how do I go about it? Should I call the police about this? I just want to make sure that I'm not making any bad steps along the way.

Thank you ahead of time.

BL

On top of calling the Police , you should let the Apt. Management know kids are playing on cars parked on their property , and yours is one of them .

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">