• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Killed our dogs

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

5 Weeks ago 2 of our very gentle hunting dogs broke out of their pen. We looked for them all day into the night. Stopped at everyones house/farm within 5 mile radius. Put up signs with a $500 reward, etc.

Anyway, now we hear of someone who has been bragging about shooting them on his front porch.

Isn't it illegal to shoot a dog? Shouldn't the sheriff have been called?

Can we sue this man for the price of the dogs and training?

BelizeBreeze

1000Sparks said:
What is the name of your state? Wisconsin

5 Weeks ago 2 of our very gentle hunting dogs broke out of their pen. We looked for them all day into the night. Stopped at everyones house/farm within 5 mile radius. Put up signs with a $500 reward, etc.

Anyway, now we hear of someone who has been bragging about shooting them on his front porch.

Isn't it illegal to shoot a dog? Shouldn't the sheriff have been called?

Can we sue this man for the price of the dogs and training?
Do you happen to have any proof?

If someone heard?

Wisconsin

Sounds like about 5 men heard him say that.
I even think if I asked him he'd admit to it and laugh cause it's HIS property.

Thank you.

BL

Even If you did , they could probably use the dangerous dog defense .

No one could prove otherwise .

maybe, but

couldn't we bring the siblings to court? These dogs would lick you to death. Bet the 2 of them sat there while he got his gun ! ! !

I though it was illegal to shoot a dog...this guy shot 2 of them ! He could have called the sheriff.

sorry, but this is really bothering me

If I get the guy that heard him say he shot them to say this is court, that wouldn't be good enough?

If it's not, would one think it a bad deal to just take care of this situation without including law enforcement? I think not.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">