• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Kind of Verbal...

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

charmhearts

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

FIRST: My ex-boyfriend wanted an internet service and needed a credit card to activate the account and i had one on me that day (actually my debit bang card) . I told him i'll let him use it but he has to exchange my credit card for his pre-paid card once its set up.. He still hasn't changed it. Now we're not together and im afraid my credit is going to be messed up. I've been calling and texting him and now im livid. I somewhat recorded a convo about it. but you can only hear him talking because my headset was on. So it sounds like he's talking to air.. Whats the next step...

SECONDLY, i loaned him money (cash) to get his car out the pound. I don't remember if i even have that receipt or if he does. Is there a way to get that money back? Can i compare a bank statement of when i withdrawled that money out?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!

cosine

Close the debit card account. Get a different one. The hassle is your lesson.

You can ask him for the money back on the impoundment release. You would need evidence that he agreed to pay back to take it to court (he could claim he thought it was a gift).

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? ILLINOIS

FIRST: My ex-boyfriend wanted an internet service and needed a credit card to activate the account and i had one on me that day (actually my debit bang card) . I told him i'll let him use it but he has to exchange my credit card for his pre-paid card once its set up.. He still hasn't changed it. Now we're not together and im afraid my credit is going to be messed up. I've been calling and texting him and now im livid. I somewhat recorded a convo about it. but you can only hear him talking because my headset was on. So it sounds like he's talking to air.. Whats the next step...

SECONDLY, i loaned him money (cash) to get his car out the pound. I don't remember if i even have that receipt or if he does. Is there a way to get that money back? Can i compare a bank statement of when i withdrawled that money out?
THANKS IN ADVANCE!
Cancel the internet service and learn your lesson. Don't mix finances unless you are married, and even then. If the guy is a roach don't mix them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">