• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord fell off of the face of the earth

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

camillia

What is the name of your state? Arizona

We are disputing and suing our landlord for illegally withholding our damage deposit, but they only left us with a PO Box (in Alaska) where we previously paid our rent. I sent several disputes to their PO Box, none of which they claimed, and then proceeded to get their physical address from the post office, under the auspices of serving them in court.

I served them at that address, but my service came back undeliverable as addressed. I have checked with the county clerk here in arizona and they only have a PO Box too. Now I know they still own the property, and it is not rented... do I have any more options? If they sell it are there public records where I can find their address? The whole thing is for too little money ($2500) to hire a process server in Alaska. They are not listed in the white pages, or anywhere else... any idea how I can find them and legally serve them?

thanks,

camillia

10acious

In Ohio we have a auditor site... it list properties within each county and property sales. If there is no website, I would contact the county auditor (if you don't know who it is, it is listed on most gas pumps at the gas stations).

JETX

camillia said:
any idea how I can find them and legally serve them?
Have you contacted the county tax office where their property is located??? The office should show their address for tax records.

Also, quit trying to do this 'on the cheap', and hire a PROFESSIONAL process server in Alaska. I guarantee that they will know how to find the owner.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">