• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dslobo88

It's kind of hard to sum all of this up, but I'll give it a shot.
When we moved in we signed a lease and gave the landlord first and last month's rent.
After agreeing upon a lesser rent amount due to the conditions of the home, the landlord said he would get a new lease with the new amount.
It's been 3 months now and after several attempts he will not give us a lease.
Several issues have come up including things like needing a new fridge, a new oven and a new a/c unit.
He allowed friends of his to replace the a/c unit and of course it doesn't work properly.
I've informed code enforcement that this has happened and now he has been fined for not pulling permits, and he is pissed!
He then put a 3 day notice on our door and told the eviction attorney we have no lease and are on a month to month lease.
I have the very first check of first and last month's rent which wouldn't be necessary if it were a month to month.
Things are still not fixed and now he will not respond to us.
My next step is to spend the next month's rent on an attorney and sue him for all the monies we have put into rent.
The past few months have been hell and he will not do anything about it.

justalayman

It's kind of hard to sum all of this up, but I'll give it a shot.
When we moved in we signed a lease and gave the landlord first and last month's rent.
After agreeing upon a lesser rent amount due to the conditions of the home, the landlord said he would get a new lease with the new amount.
It's been 3 months now and after several attempts he will not give us a lease.
Several issues have come up including things like needing a new fridge, a new oven and a new a/c unit.
He allowed friends of his to replace the a/c unit and of course it doesn't work properly.
I've informed code enforcement that this has happened and now he has been fined for not pulling permits, and he is pissed!
He then put a 3 day notice on our door and told the eviction attorney we have no lease and are on a month to month lease.
I have the very first check of first and last month's rent which wouldn't be necessary if it were a month to month.
Things are still not fixed and now he will not respond to us.
My next step is to spend the next month's rent on an attorney and sue him for all the monies we have put into rent.
The past few months have been hell and he will not do anything about it.
why wouldn't a month to month tenant pay a first and last months rent? Don't they have a first and a last month as well?

Why do you believe you would be due all previously paid rent? You did love there, didn't you?

What is the basis for the three day notice?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">