• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

landlord/owner killed peekapoo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mowryjenn

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? california. can i sue my landlord for the cost of a new peekapoo puppy? my dog was in the backyard. i went in the house for min came back and she had propped open the gate and my dog got out and was hit by a car and dead in the street. she admitted she wasnt thinking. she agreed to compensate by helping pay for a new dog. cheapest from a breeder 650.00. she then later said no that she should have to help buy a new dog. i rented a room from this woman and i feel this was done on purpose. they were mean and picked on me from the minute i moved in.her son has threatened me. she assured me my dog was safe. he was just a puppy. she and her son dont think they did anything wrong. to me people accidently kill people and still go to prison for manslaughter. she had total disregard for her tenants safty and well being.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

swalsh411

You can sue her in small claims court for the cost of a new puppy. You may or may not win. All that other nonsense about why you don't like her or she doesn't like you is irrelevant.

Her defense will probably be that either she didn't know the puppy was in the yard or that even if she did it was your responsibility to look out for it. Puppies are naturally very curious and will go to places they haven't been been before, like the world outside the gate. That is why it's so important to know what they are up to at all times.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">