• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord suing me on an illegal attic

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

barbaraaxo

My landlord is suing me for use of premises and property damages for a total of 3000$, my apartment is an illegal attic. the town came and gave me paper work. Ive stopped paying rent for 2 months to try to save up for a new place. What can I do? There's only one hole in the wall, that I will fix. What could happen at court?

My landlord is suing me for use of premises and property damages for a total of 3000$, my apartment is an illegal attic. the town came and gave me paper work. Ive stopped paying rent for 2 months to try to save up for a new place. What can I do? There's only one hole in the wall, that I will fix. What could happen at court?
You would loose.

latigo

Well, yes with what little information provided that's exactly what I used...
Try plugging this in:

Three big ones to compensate for repairing a hole in a wall and two months "use of premises" being an attic? Lead is known to melt in those confines.

quincy

What is the name of your state, barbaraaxo, or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country?

621.5 f

Try plugging this in:

Three big ones to compensate for repairing a hole in a wall and two months "use of premises" being an attic? Lead is known to melt in those confines.

What!
Where did you ?? how....:confused:
Oh, never mind.

.._____________________________
~ Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend.
Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">