• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landlord will not show up for court

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

abuff78

PA.
I have had recent landlord issues he kept my deposit so we filed a civil suit and he did not pick up the certified letter. We put constable services out to serve him and we could actually get a judgment next time because he would be properly notified. Is it worth getting an execution of sale and if i do that route can he simply avoid the property as he is avoiding the certified letters. Is there anything else i can do legally he has the house under a family memers name and many assets but we are not sure if he owns them, someone in the past had an execution of sale with no success, would it be worth talking to a lawyer if he did not own the house he rented or can we go after his family member if he was acting as agdent, any advice would be helpfull and he clearly knows more than i do about the court process becasue he knew not to pick up the letter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">