• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Landscaper and my AC unit

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

edsel918

:mad:

I live in Florida

While trimming the ixora shrubs near my AC unit the other day, one of the landscaper's helpers nicked the refrigerant line on my AC unit. After saying he would take care of the repair costs, the owner is now playing hide and go seek. The repairs came out to $537 (since the guy who cut the line didn't tell anyone, I ended up having to call a repair service after hours to repair the line, evac the system, and replenish the freon). Do I have a case against the landscaper to recover the cost if he doesn't pay? Can it be deemed negligent if the worker failed to notify anyone of the damage, which caused anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds of freon to leak into the atmosphere? I've tried searching for any precedent to this situation, but was unable to. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.What is the name of your state?

seniorjudge

edsel918 said:
:mad:

I live in Florida

While trimming the ixora shrubs near my AC unit the other day, one of the landscaper's helpers nicked the refrigerant line on my AC unit. After saying he would take care of the repair costs, the owner is now playing hide and go seek. The repairs came out to $537 (since the guy who cut the line didn't tell anyone, I ended up having to call a repair service after hours to repair the line, evac the system, and replenish the freon). Do I have a case against the landscaper to recover the cost if he doesn't pay? Can it be deemed negligent if the worker failed to notify anyone of the damage, which caused anywhere from 8 to 10 pounds of freon to leak into the atmosphere? I've tried searching for any precedent to this situation, but was unable to. Thanks for any light you can shed on this.What is the name of your state?
Q: Do I have a case against the landscaper to recover the cost if he doesn't pay?

A: Yes.

http://www.floridagardener.com/pom/ixora.htm

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">